Donate to UKIP: http://www.ukip.org/donations | http://www.ukipmeps.org
• European Parliament, Brussels, 25 April 2012
• Speaker: Godfrey Bloom MEP, UKIP (Yorkshire & Lincolnshire), Europe of Freedom and Democracy (EFD) group.
• Committee on Economic and Monetary Affaris (ECON)
• Event: Monetary dialogue with Mario Draghi, President of the European Central Bank (ECON/7/00032)
• Full Agenda and Session (video):
- So let me get this straight, Draghi. The ECB is not supposed to lend to governments, only to banks. Good! So banks get cheap loans from the ECB and they in turn lend it to the governments - the people - at loan-shark rates. Good trick. But where does the ECB get the money to lend to the banks? Does the cartel print it at the Federal Reserve and credit-swap it with the ECB? Nice one. Now let's play some violin.
• EU Member States:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom